June 26, 2026

Repurposing...

Years ago, I received this corgi piece from my dear friend, Denise. Originally, there was a candle that revealed a corgi necklace when it burned down. I still have, love,  and wear it.

Now I'm thinking I'd like to turn this container into a pincushion. I already have an idea for it, so I'll work on it this weekend and then show you what I've come up with next week.

Turning it into a pincushion will make it a useful tool that I'll always have handy when I'm stitching or sewing. I'm looking forward to this!

 

12 comments:

  1. What a great idea. Might we get to see it regularly when you post your handworks? I still miss Tuesdays with Tag.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Bev-
      I'm sure you'll see it again when I'm sewing! (I'll make a point of it!)
      xo
      Donna

      Delete
  2. That is a great idea for the Corgi!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marilyn-
      Thanks! Converting to a pincushion is going to be fun!!
      xo
      Donna

      Delete
  3. awww - so cute! And what a great idea for repurposing (and a good memento of Tag too).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi MA-
      Thanks! Looking forward to this project.
      xo
      Donna

      Delete
  4. So cute already! Can't wait to see how you'll make it even cuter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lois-
      I have an idea in mind. Now to execute it.
      xo
      Donna

      Delete
  5. Looking forward to seeing another great idea come to life.
    Enjoy the weekend.
    Shirley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Shirley-
      I'll share the reveal soon. You, too, dear.
      xo
      Donna

      Delete
  6. Sherryofcreateology: Donna a pincushion for this cute Corgi would be useful and a wonderful reminder of your previous Corgi babies! Do you have Corgi buttons to make decorated pins to place in this cute pincushion? I think you might have them. Blessings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sherry-
      I think you're right. (Not that I need a reminder as my boys are never far from my thoughts.) I just might!
      xo
      Donna

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna