February 10, 2012

February Blissfull ATC Swap - Alice in Wonderland...

What a perfect theme for our February Blissfull ATC Swap Group. It was "Alice in Wonderland". My partner was Celia of Adventures of the Striped Stocking. I knew right away what I wanted to do!
I grabbed some of my favorite Alice in Wonderland fabric and cut and stitched and glued until it looked just the way I wanted it to. I added a tiny bottle filled with sparkling beads, and attached it to a ribbon which I glued into the seam of the card. Then added a tiny note that said, "Drink me". My final touch was an old clock button I had in my box.
I put together an assortment of goodies for Celia, including a Moda charm pack (5" squares), snippets of Alice fabric, threads, tags, ribbon and pages of decals. I sure hope that she likes them!
Celia and I were exactly on the same wavelength!!! I'm telling you, it was uncanny. Look what she created for me! Nearly the same images, but she added type from the book, which I really love! And if you look at the edge trim from the front, it reminds you a little bit of rickrack, but...
look what I found when I turned her card over! Beautiful red hearts. Just like Alice's Queen of Hearts! It's clever and pretty!
When Celia's package arrived, I was surprised to see that it was a rather large padded envelope. Look what was inside. She included beaded trims, large pieces of two coordinated (and totally fabulous) fabrics and a pin wrapped in lace.

Thank you for such wonderful surprises to accompany my beautiful new atc, Celia. I love everything you sent to me! It was a grand swap, indeed.

Thanks also to Wendy at Blissfull ATC Swap blog. Her tireless work to organize our swaps does not go unnoticed. If you'd like to see the other cards, just click here to go to the list of links.

 I'm off to the quilt shop this morning, but today, I'm going with my friend, Tammy. After our coffee group, she and I will be heading to an art show in Sarasota. I think we're going to have a grand day, don't you? I'll try to get some pictures to share with you next week.
A reminder...If you haven't entered my 1000th Post Giveaway yet, be sure to click here to go to that post and drop your name in the proverbial hat. Gotta run!


10 comments:

  1. I love what you did with the Alice theme. I have a friend who is crazy about Alice and her birthday is coming up in April - thanks for a great idea!!

    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Donna,
    Very clever - both of you. Still in my knitting mode but getting ready to do some other things too.

    Happy Valentine's Day!

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very wonderful Alice...have tons of fun at the art show and quilt shop...will be looking forward to pictures..always looking for a good quilt shop in Sarasota.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Donna, you outdid yourself with that ATC! Love it! Have a nice weekend! Twyla

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that theme! Love what ya'll did! Totally jealous you went to an art show!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You KNOW I love this theme!!!! You created THE most lovely treats for your swap partner - and she created an awesome goody for you, as well. How fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the Alice theme -- so much room for creativity! Fun swap!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fantastic theme! Both of your creations are amazing - very clever ladies, and so spoilt ;0) Well done

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna