September 15, 2026

A Gift From A Friend...

On Saturday, I met a former classmate who now lives in Oklahoma. She was back in Wisconsin visiting with family. 

She contacted me before she left home to see if we could get together while she was here because she "had a surprise for me". Ever a fan of surprises, we planned to meet last Saturday.

She told me she's been seeing my Facebook posts sharing photos of my baked goods, so she gifted me with two pounds of gorgeous Texas pecans! Then, she told me to just let her know if I ever wanted more.

She enclosed a card with the company's information as well as instructions for long-term storage (like they could even be around that long).

We had a nice visit, then hugged and parted ways. Her dad recently passed away, so she had plans with siblings to clear out his house. She got an extra hug from me.

Now I just need to decide what I'll make with them. I'm leaning toward pecan pie tarts. They're something my paternal grandma made for us when I was a kid and it might be fun to make some for nostalgia's sake. 

These early morning hours are really agreeing with me, except that - even setting an alarm - I can't seem to sleep through the night for fear I'll oversleep. Hopefully that will resolve soon.  I'd better get to it. I don't want to be late!

 

1 comment:

  1. Oh, delicious!
    A friend at work went back to her hometown in Mississippi to visit, & always brought back Pecans for me also.
    They were so good, & had softer shells, you could crack them in your hand!
    Glad you are enjoying those hours.
    I set an alarm for early appointments, but don't sleep well the night before, so I am always up before the alarm. :(
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna