I work tonight, and we've finally had enough rain that we can mow the yard again. I'll be avoiding a few previously clipped areas, because the chickory, clover and Queen Anne's lace have taken up residence. I love them more than grass, so I'll go around them so we can enjoy the color they provide a bit longer. I don't consider them weeds, and truthfully would prefer a yard filled with that over tamed grass any day. So I guess today's image is more appropriate than I originally thought.


Words to live by, she looks like a fun gal.
ReplyDeleteHeaded into a three 'S' weekend, steamy, stormy and stifling.
Enjoy your weekend.
Shirley
I'd love her mug! And 'beware of people' made me laugh. We all need one of those signs!!!
ReplyDeleteThe RC cut back his balcony garden drastically this year because he was fed up with carrying water out there three times a day like he had to do last year. It's easier to just buy what we need.
I need that mug!
ReplyDeleteQueen Anne's Lace is my favorite wildflower.
Marilyn
I have seen a few gardening shows lately talking about taking out part of your lawn to make a "pocket prairie" with native grasses and flowers. They were really pretty and softened the yards. And most importantly, they helped the pollinators and other critters. Every little bit helps! --Kathy
ReplyDelete