February 20, 2018

Tuesdays With Tag - Turkeys...

Yard Inspectors
 
Hi, Everybody!
 
When you read my headline today, you were thinkin' I meant us, weren't you?
Actually, I meant wild turkeys. The fat, feathered kind.
 
The Culprits

They started grazin' down the field out in front of our house. It's owned by our farming neighbor who lives east of us. (North is to the left of this picture. South is to the right.) They marched north to south, lookin' for stuff to eat. 

Bella actually saw them first. We heard her growlin', and then barkin' from our livin' room. I had to run in there right away to see what the ruckus was all about. There she was...up on the sofa. The hair was up on her back, lookin' out the front windows. She was peeved. 

I couldn't let her carry on alone, so I may have tossed in a warnin' bark (or two) of my own, while I was decidin' what to do next.

I jumped up to see what was botherin' her so darn much. and it took me a second (man, she's got good eyesight!), but once I saw the movement, I knew what her problem was. There were those birds.

They're pretty bold

They even crossed our road and headed up the hill. Actually, the bird over there in front was the only one that crossed over. He was headin' up the road, nibblin' on grass and seeds on his way. He realized he was alone about the time he was a quarter of the way up the hill. He stopped, turned around and scurried back down to the rest of the group. He was really fast! (Of course, he wasn't as fast and Bella - or me!) Mom laughed out loud.

Ahem!
 
There was other interestin' stuff last week, but this is the story I picked for you today. It's time for breakfast, so I have to leave you for now. Corgis don't ever want to miss a meal, and I have to admit I'm 'specially peckish this mornin'. 
 
"Come on, Mom. Bring on the Fromm, please."
 
I'll see you again in seven. 'til then...  
"Chase A Dream - Or A Squirrel".

2 comments:

  1. Hello Tag! Those Wild Turkeys are a sight to behold. I was sitting at my sewing machine a few years ago and right there outside my window were the biggest and not too attractive turkeys. Scared the daylights out of me! Thankfully they moved on and don’t visit here any longer. I threatened to EAT them! LOL Ha ha ha... Enjoy your week my little Corgi Cutie. Smooches...xoxox

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna