February 23, 2018

My Latest Score...

Brynwood Needleworks' Singer Table

Could anything be more perfect for a studio located in a 100 year old farmhouse? I used to have about a dozen vintage Singer sewing machines when I had my needlework shop, but when I closed it, most of my machines went to live with a friend.

I've kept my eyes open for a treadle base, hoping to have a table top made for it when I found one in great condition. I didn't really want to have to use a wire brush to clean it up, though.

Table Top - Seller's photo
 
I finally found exactly what I've been searching for, at a perfect price...and it already has a beautiful walnut top. I brought it home and now it's in the studio. It's another Facebook Marketplace score!
 
Brynwood Needleworks Table In The Studio
 
Until spring (when I open my studio door to let the fresh air in) it will sit right here. I've got it butted up to my Jane table, to give me a bit more working space while I'm making wallets and bags. For now, it's just perfect where it is.
DonnaAcornSignature

2 comments:

  1. That's so neat, and it's in such great shape!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is serendipity! It looks perfectly at home in your Hickory Hill 100 year old Farmhouse Studio. Blessings Dear...xo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna