November 17, 2017

Girls' Day Out...

Holiday Booty

I met up with Kathy and her grade school friend, Barb in Menasha (WI) yesterday. They started their shopping day earlier in Appleton, but Tag and I caught up with them at Primitive Gatherings mid-morning.

I hadn't realized that Primitive Gatherings was having their holiday open house, so it was a wonderful surprise to see all their newest items, get a few holiday-themed projects, snag a few sale items, and even find a little bottle brush tree to sit next to my sewing machine!

Projects From Primitive Gatherings

There were homemade cookies, free patterns (with a modest purchase), make & take classes in the basement of their shop (which is a remodeled home), and prize drawings. Kathy and Barb each got to choose from the door prize offerings when their names were drawn!

Sewing and Stitching Kits

I bought the little Peppermint Lane table runner kit to go with the free pattern (It's really festive!); an annual pincushion (featuring geraniums) from 2015, which I'll date the year I assemble it; a gorgeous ivory penny rug table mat kit (top left); mixed grey and cream wools (I needed those for another project); a book by Janet Clare (I just love her designs); and a pattern with preprinted panels for little holiday bowl filler pillows.

After shopping, the three of us lunched at The Weathervane in downtown Menasha. We parted ways after our meal, but I'll see Kathy again next week for PG's Sit & Sew on Tuesday. Now I have a nice list of options for what I'll be working on that day!

Tag and I stopped at the apple orchard on our way home. They'll be closing for the season on the 27th, and their stock is getting low. I wanted McIntosh apples to use for canning more applesauce, but they were out for the remainder of this year. I bought Cortlands instead, so I'll still make applesauce, but it will be a little different because of the apple variety. It will be tasty just the same.

I'll be in the studio today. I listed up new fabrics in my shop over the past couple of days, but I think today will be for sewing. What am I going to work on? I have no idea. I'll just see where my muse takes me...it will make for an interesting day, I think.

DonnaAcornSignature

2 comments:

  1. How fun to meet up with friends for a shopping day and then...participate in holiday excitement. You acquired some wonderful items for your Creative Muse. EnJOY your day in your studio and let the thread clippings fly...<3

    ReplyDelete
  2. What nice treats you found! I am doing something similar with my sister tomorrow, but without the sewing interest. Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna