November 25, 2017

A Pleasant Surprise...

Wooly Critters Pattern

Remember last week when I went with Kathy at Primitive Gatherings? The night before, I was in the studio trying to decide what I was going to take along to work on at the Sit & Sew.

My mind immediately went to my Wooly Critters project (which is taking forever!). I pulled out the plastic carryall I used to carry back and forth to Nifty Fifties. It holds this project and the Kathy Schmitz pieces I've been working on, too. I needed to figure out which Wooly blocks still needed to be set up if I was going to work on one.

My Completed Blocks

I started pulling them out...one through twelve. Wait. What? One, two, three, four, and all the way to twelve. I've finished all of them! Squeeeee! I guess with the cross country move, I just lost track of my progress.

Sashing Fabric Choice

I chose this checked flannel fabric ages ago just for this project. Of course, I have to square up and cut down the size of the background fabric on those blocks first. There's too much space around each design, but once I've done that, I can add the sashing, using this fabric.
 
If you look back at the first picture, once the blocks are all joined together, I'll just have to choose the fabric for the border...and sew the flowers all around. That's all I have left to do! Then I'll decide if I'm going to hand quilt this one, or send it off to my pal, Susan (in Georgia) to get machine quilted.
 
For now, I'm just jumping up and down to know that all these blocks are done. I guess I'd better think about stitching up the last of my Kathy Schmitz blocks soon. (I actually think I only have two or three of those left to do.)

DonnaAcornSignature

1 comment:

  1. I remembered you finished all twelve blocks. Now on to more projects and finishing Wooly Critters. Looks like a perfect Winter project. Happy stitchng dear...xo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna