October 17, 2017

Tuesdays With Tag - I'm A Poet...

Tag Under The Hickory Tree
 
"Under the spreading hickory tree
The handsome corgi stands;
The corgi, a mighty dog is he
with short and stocky legs;
And the muscles of his brawny butt
are strong as iron pegs."

Handsome and Sturdy

"His hair is full, and gold, and white,
His face is like the tan;
His brow smells like he rolled in stuff,
He finds where e're he can."

Brynwood's Taggart
 
"Week in, week out, from morn 'til night
You can hear his..."
 
 "Tag! You're mangling Longfellow's poem! Stop that right now."

"I'm just gettin' started, Mom! You're no fun!"
 
I guess I have to stop changin' the words to the Village Smithy poem. It just seemed appropriate since she keeps draggin' Bella and me to the hickory trees twice a day to pick up nuts. Bella's enjoyin' the hunt so much that she even runs down to the tree when she's supposed to be doin' her business. She comes runnin' back with a nut to give to Mom every time! sigh
 
Mom's gonna be really busy crackin' nuts this winter. She's just about ready to let the squirrels have the rest. Almost, but not quite. If you're lookin' for me, I'll be under the branches of the hickory tree...with the other nuts.

I'll see you again in seven. 'til then...  
"Chase A Dream - Or A Squirrel".

2 comments:

  1. Ah Donna - who could resist that Tag - and your poem was truly lovely - it made me smile. Hope you are having a great day cracking lots of nuts! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tag. I have missed your Mom’s posts but today I finally got some WiFi. I am so impressed with your being a poet. Keep care of Mom on her Nuts Hunting. Smooches...<3

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna