October 19, 2017

They're Here...

Farmhouse Labels

I ordered these a couple of weeks ago and they finally arrived on Monday.

An online company (fiverr.com) was recommended to me to design a logo for the farm, and I worked with a great woman. I sent her photos of our Compass Barn and suggested a hickory tree for the background.

In less than twenty four house, she got back to me with her first draft, and after a little tweaking, I had a finished product. I asked her to add a little information to the original basic logo (which is everything above the "Goodness from the Farm" line on our labels, which originally formed a half circle. I wanted a full circle to be able to commission a label for my canning jars. Within the hour, she emailed my label art to me.

Farmhouse Labels and Piglet

Once I had the artwork in hand, I went to Etsy and contacted a company with whom I'd previously worked (TwinCityPrintShop). They created a custom order for me, and we went to production. I love them!

A little side note about my little piggy.  I've had this piggy bank for about twenty years. It's a favorite piece, and it sat in our laundry room to collect change that usually went through the washing machine first.

I wanted her to join my cows and chickens in the kitchen, so onto the buffet cabinet she went. The neat thing is that, in conversation with Shelly, I learned that Shelly's parents used to raise pigs on our farm! There have been many instances since we moved here that some things seem more "destiny" and less "coincidence". This is just another example.

Isn't it cool how things like this happen? Not only will my little pig remain in the kitchen, but when we finally do our kitchen remodel, I'll be sure to place her in a place of prominence.
 
Farmhouse Labels
 
Most of the jams and jellies will be gifts this fall and winter. Now, each jar has a label to not only describe the contents, but also remind the recipient where it came from. I plan to use them on all goodness I package as gifts this winter, too. I can see that I'll be using them a lot!
 
DonnaAcornSignature

5 comments:

  1. Your new labels are beautiful! I was thinking they'd go on the jars so was surprised to see them on the lids. Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome...already for farmers market! Love love xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Donna Dear you always do the most professional extra touches. These labels are just the perfect finishing touch for your lovely hand crafted canned delights. Miss Piggy will be so happy to be with her other farm friends. Destiny has brought you to this Hickory Hill Farm Homeland.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the labels, they turned out just right.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Donna...love the logo, love the labels...love all the little stories about the farm. xo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna