August 23, 2017

The Clothesline Bag...

Detail of Clothes and Flowers

This is my latest finish. I began by creating the little articles of clothing to go on the line. The dress is 3" long, and the pantaloons are each 2.5" long. After I made them, I stitched them down to the pocket fabric, which is black linen with a Pellon SF101 black woven stabilizer to help keep its shape.

I did the applique' work on Monday, and I finished creating this handbag yesterday. I thought about adding tiny clothespins, but am leaving that option for my client.

Completed Clothesline Bag - Front

This is the completed bag, showing the entire front. My client requested black and bright colors. She did not want pastels.

I chose black linen, a sage dot fabric and Laurel Burch bright-colored fabrics for this piece. The completed bag measures approximately 12.5" at the bottom, 9.5" tall and 5" deep. The black linen portion on the front is actually a large pocket, lined in the same green dot.

Completed Clothesline Bag -Back

There is also a large pocket on the back (with a nickel piece on the bottom corner that reads "Made For Me"), and a zippered pocket with a "Handcrafted" zipper pull.

Completed Clothesline Bag -Rear Zipper Pocket and Tag

I used a sweet yellow dot fabric for the zipper pocket lining.

Completed Clothesline Bag - Interior

The interior is finished with a Laurel Burch multicolor cotton. I also included a slip pocket on the inside.

My client has already seen pictures of her completed handbag and said she can't wait to receive it. I'll treat it with Scotchgard™ today and send it off tomorrow after it's completely dry.

The Next Fabric Combination
 
I've already chosen the fabric for another bag in this same design. This is my color palette, and my plan is that others will be special order to the client's taste.

Today is a stitching day with my pal, Kathy D. We're starting a series from Kathy Schmitz, which I'll share with you tomorrow. I'm looking forward to just sitting and visiting with her for an afternoon.

DonnaAcornSignature

5 comments:

  1. Donna I really love that bag,it's completely my style as I love quirky things.Its so bright and cheerful.Its new owner is going to have such fun wearing it.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This fun bag really speaks to me and my love of all things unique. What a cute yet classy combination of whimsy and lovely fabrics. Donna you are Masterful! I also will love your new red fabric combinations. Lovely day of friendship and sewing and visiting! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun purse! And, at first, I thought the multi-colored strips on top were clothespins. Looks like you had fun with this. xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the little outfits on the bag - the whole thing is so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable, whimsical, a gift of smiles to all seeing it! Love your creative ideas!!! Happy sewing dear Donna.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna