August 19, 2017

A First Time For Everything...

Pickling Cucumbers
 
I've never tried canning cucumbers before. I've done beans, tomatoes, and lots of frozen vegetables, but I've never tried pickling cucumbers. Today will be a first.

I'm off to the local Walmart to get my supplies, and I'll be in the kitchen until I'm finished. I'm making dill pickles, bread & butter pickles, and also canning dilly beans from the wax and green beans I have from Shelly. The pickling cucumbers came from a FaceBook friend just up the road. 

I'll let you know how it goes. I really love our life here at Hickory Hill Farm. Wish me luck! 

DonnaAcornSignature

1 comment:

  1. You are very industrious Sweet Donna. My mom used to can and make everything. I have one of her crocks she used for making pickles and for black olives. I believe food is much more special when it is made at the farm. Hckory Hill Farm is truly giving you a very Good Life! Balance your busy day dear...xo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna