April 24, 2017

A Colorful Spring...

Tulips

Every time I go outside, I find more color coming to the farm. This past weekend I walked out to find beautiful tulips blooming next to the farmhouse. There are a few clusters of them, but these were the only ones completely open so far. I'm sure it won't be long before the others follow.

Grape Hyacinths
 
What a lovely surprise when I found that these sweet grape hyacinths were blooming in the same bed with the blue scillas I shared last week! Between these two small flowers, ttheir flower bed next to the farmhouse porch is filled with color. I'll make sure that these are protected when we rebuild our porch this summer. 
 
As I empty boxes, the different rooms in the farmhouse go from organized to chaotic...if only for a short time as I put the box contents away. I'll continue to work in my two studio rooms this week. My nephew, Dan (easily the strongest man I've ever met. Seriously!) came yesterday and helped moved my antique dresser upstairs (alone!); my pattern file into the studio (with very little help from me); and a queen size box  mattress up and over our second floor airing porch (that one I wish I'd recorded on video!!). 
 
Honestly, I don't know how he does it, but he's not even out of breath as he performs these feats of strength! I'm grateful beyond words for his help. Now, I'll be able to put away my fat quarters (and more!) into the pattern cabinet - and my clothes into the dresser! If you need me, you'll know where I'll be.
 
DonnaAcornSignature

1 comment:

  1. Lovely flowers dear. Such a beautiful surprise for Spring to see what grows in your Hickory Hill Farm grounds. Your nephew sounds amazing and how very helpful for you. Happy organizing fabrics and clothes. <3

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna