February 28, 2017

Farmhouse Update - Studio Floors...

Brynwood Needleworks - South Studio - Before

It didn't take long when we first saw the farmhouse for me to choose one of the two rooms that would become my studio(s). This is the room that faces south and west, so there's a lot of sunlight all through the day.

Brynwood Needleworks - South Studio  - In Progress

Then the painting commenced, and an already cheerful, sunny room brightened up considerably. The carpet was removed and exposed the adhesive that was applied a long time ago to hold the floor covering. We were assured by our flooring man that it would come up, and gosh, was he right.

Brynwood Needleworks - South Studio - Refinished Floor
 
I received this picture from our son on Monday. The floors are being refinished now, and the upstairs rooms already have their first coat of sealer. We decided not to re-stain the maple floor boards, opting to leave them their gorgeous natural color and protect them with a high traffic sealer instead.
 
I'll be back at the farm in just over a month now, and I'm so anxious to see everything in person again. Moving in is going to be pure joy! Do you love the new floors as much as we do?
 
DonnaAcornSignature

6 comments:

  1. Donna I am a wooden floor junkie. We have more wood in and on our house than a forest has trees. Love your floors can't wait to see the finished project!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This floor is gorgeous and what an old world craft. How divine to bring them back from underneath ugly carpet. I love wood floors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your wood floor is fabulous! I'd rather have wood floors with Persian rugs...it makes my heart go pitty-pat!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, my gosh!! What a tranformation and those floors!! Magnificent!! Why do people cover up hardwood floors?? Crazy!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing difference. Love the floor. Absolutely beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE the original color of the floors. Exciting!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna