January 17, 2017

Time For A Swap...

Brynwood Needleworks - Mug Mats

I've been thinking about this for some time. I realized we haven't done anything fun together in a while.

Brynwood Needleworks - Mug Mat

You've seen these mug mats before on my blog. Some were made as gifts. Some were made for clients. Some I may still be using here at Brynwood.

Brynwood Needleworks - Mug Mat

We haven't had a swap in a while, and I love making mug mats. How about you? Would you like to participate in a Brynwood-hosted Mug Mat Swap? You don't have to live in the US to be included. I'll match you to someone who lives near you to help avoid costly shipping fees.

Brynwood Needleworks - Mug Mat

If you'd like to participate, you can send an email to me dliljegren(at)brynwoodneedleworks(dot)com - or you can leave a comment on this post., and I'll add you to my informal list.

I haven't chosen a date, yet, but I'm thinking that a Valentine's Day or St. Patrick's day deadline could be fun. I would match you to a partner; all of whom will agree to follow through on their word to make and mail a mug mat to their partner by the deadline date.

In the event we end up with an odd number of participants, I'll join in the swap. If we have an even number of participants, I'll draw a name from all the participants and give one lucky person a mug mat I'll make especially for them.

Let's start by commenting to this post (make sure I have a way to reach you through your comment!!), or send me an email, just so I can gauge interest. Also share your thoughts about a deadline date. I'll see if I notice a common thread.

I'll write another post to you with the deadline date, and a little questionnaire that every participant will complete, so I can choose your perfect match. (Sounds a bit like FarmersOnly.com. LOL) If you want a specific object; have a favorite color; theme, stuff like that, I'd like to be able to accommodate you. It will just help you to receive or create that best possible mug mat for your swap partner.

So...Are you in? Please leave a comment below, including a way to reach you. I think this could be great fun! I hope you do, too!

DonnaAcornSignature

7 comments:

  1. Yes please! I would prefer the March date as my calendar is about to go into over drive with birthday gift deadlines. But if the majority wants Feb. I would still be in. How much fun is this. You can find me at my blog. Thanks for heading this up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Count me in!!! March would be great but if February is preferred by most, I would still love to participate.

    Lucy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Yes Please! I have never made a mug mat but I have always loved the ones you have shared. I even have your tuutorial. Maybe now I can get out my sewing machine and get happy sewing! Thank you Donna Dear for organizing this swap. <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. yes, please include me. In agreement with some of the comments preferring March but will be happy with February as well - we are only 4 weeks from Valentines Day - isn't that just hard to believe!!!!

    Thanks for doing this - it sounds like fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm in. This will be so much fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, Ladies! I have all your names added to the Mug Mat Swap Roster. Tomorrow's post lists more information. Can't wait to see all the lovely mats that will be created!
    xo
    Donna
    Brynwood Needleworks

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna