October 20, 2016

Nuts - In More Ways Than One...

Brynwood Needleworks - Babylock Destiny

I didn't take a new photograph of Destiny today, so I'm using this previously-used image. The reason I'm sharing it is because I didn't take a new one before I had to take Destiny back to the spa. It seems she liked being away so much last time, she let me know (through a few recent tantrums) that she needed a little more time off.

So, although I'd planned to be sewing for (at least) the next few days, I've had to come up with a Plan B for the next few weeks while Destiny slacks off takes another break. What did I do instead, you ask?

Brynwood Needleworks - Hickory Nuts

I ran a few errands, and came back home to a few things that needed my attention. The painting is still underway (looking great, by the way), but the rest of the work will wait until December. The work can't always take place on my time schedule. I must work with contractor's schedules, as well. I'll keep repeating, "patience is a virtue".

Remember these? I started cracking these little nuts. So far, 2 cups of unshelled nuts have yielded about a 1/4 cup of precious nut meat (and the shells, which I'll reserve for future grilling or smoking meats).

I think I'll pace myself on this task. It's a little harder on my hands than I expected. (I'm such a wimp!) I'll forget all about that, though, when I taste the delicious cookies and cakes I'll make with them.

For now, I'll enjoy this Autumn and all the blessings that come with each beautiful, colorful day. I think I'll spend a little more time outside with the pups. It's really too nice to stay inside.

DonnaAcornSignature

1 comment:

  1. Destiny being difficult. She must know how much you need her during this crush time getting gifts and commissions completed. Maybe she will feel better after only a short spa stay. I hadn't thought of using the hickory nut shells for smoking meats. Hmmm...
    Enjoy your Autumn weather dear.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna