September 30, 2016

Nine Finished, Ten In Progress...

Brynwood Needleworks - Finished Wooly Critters "Crow & Pumpkin"
 
I finished Block Nine earlier in the week, before I was sidetracked with those lovely hickory nuts. Before the week is over, I wanted to show you how it turned out.

Brynwood Needleworks - Detail of Finished Wooly Critters "Crow & Pumpkin"

I'm especially fond of the crow, and the fabric I found for the wing. I added the little curly details per the pattern, but stitched curls are a personal favorite.
 
Brynwood Needleworks - Detail of Finished Wooly Critters "Crow & Pumpkin"

I appreciate looking at my photos after the stitching is finished. In this image, I can see that I need to trim off the little wooly tufts on the left side of the leaf. It's just a little finishing touch to clean up my work.

Brynwood Needleworks - Wooly Critters "Squirrel & Oak Leaves" In Progress
 
Friday night was rainy, so there was nothing I liked more than to pick up the next block and start the embroidery work on it. It seems appropriate that I'd stitch this little squirrel this week. 
 
The rain is supposed to continue today, so I'll get the dogs out for a good run, check for any hickory nuts that might have blown out of the trees overnight, and then I'll complete this block. What's not to like about a rainy day?

Welcome to October, friends!

DonnaAcornSignature

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful block. When I say that I kinda like rain, people sometimes think that's odd, lol. It does have a calming effect, doesn't it? We are finally getting some cooler weather, and some rain but this area is still below our average for rainfall.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How refreshing rain is and to sit and hand stitch is such a lovely way to end your day. Your block number 9 is delightful and the crow's wing is perfect. I would not have thought to "trim" the tufts...you must be very good with some tiny little sharp scissors. Being October 1st today I somehow feel a slight panic at the thought of gift giving season approaching so quickly. Why didn't I do all those great ideas about working ahead??? Embrace your refreshing rain.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna