September 28, 2016

Latest Farmhouse Finds...

Brynwood Needleworks - Farmhouse Finds

I stopped at my favorite antique mall yesterday and came home with a few fabulous finds. Let's start with this stack of beauties, shall we?

Brynwood Needleworks - Farmhouse Finds - Enamel Mixing Bowl

This is an enamel mixing bowl. It has measurements on the inside and was an advertising bowl for Volrath Company here in Wisconsin. I'm especially fond of enamelware and this will be a useful addition to the collection.

Brynwood Needleworks - Farmhouse Finds - Large Ironstone Oval Dish

I also have a few lovely ironstone pieces, and this is the largest one now. It's an oval dish that measures about 9" long. I'll use it in the (new) studio, and it will also be welcome in the kitchen. It's in pristine condition with no cracks, chips or crazing.

Brynwood Needleworks - Farmhouse Finds  - Large Enamel Tray

This is the largest enamel tray I've ever found. I popped a few wooden utensils into it to give you an idea of how large it is. It's about 3.5" deep, and it's also in great shape.

Brynwood Needleworks - Farmhouse Finds - Grain Sack

The antique mall is in Kewaskum, Wisconsin. As I was walking around, I say this intact grain sack that was being used as a table cover. It's like a big pillowcase, so that's likely how I'll use it. I'll insert a king size pillow into it and then close up the end. It might look nice on the sofa or on one of the beds...after it's washed.

Brynwood Needleworks - Farmhouse Finds -Enamel Cabinet

Speaking of enamelware, I also found this great little cabinet. I needed something to place next to the washer in the basement for holding cleaning supplies and my homemade laundry soap. It's the same height as the washer.

Brynwood Needleworks - Farmhouse Finds - Cabinet Top
 
The top is in great shape, too. It was marked $35.00, and the booth was having a 30% off sale! I'd say it was the perfect price, too.

I spent $85 (including sales tax) for all my purchases and came home with some really useful, practical and attractive, vintage items. I'm looking forward to installing all of them in the farmhouse.

When I got home, I spent the evening stitching. I'll show you my finished Block Nine tomorrow.
DonnaAcornSignature

3 comments:

  1. Wow! You scored big time! How fun to be decorating a new-to-you home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful treasures you have acquired for your Farmhouse. I feel the Farmhouse is so happy to have you and your family giving it so much TLC and Love. It is good to hear you are mixing in a little fun time with your new adventure. Hickory Hill Blessings...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Delightful & useful enamelware all for an excellent price! I'd say you have had a very successful day ...I find myself beaming for you Donna!! Happy hunting & enjoying. Loved seeing your treasures. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna