February 7, 2016

If You Want Me, I'll Be Playing...

Brynwood Needleworks - Selvage Block
 
We're here at the Kenilworth Lodge in Sebring, Florida!
 
Jamie and I arrived mid-afternoon yesterday, and many of the ladies were already set up and sewing. It's great catching up with old friends, meeting new ones, and then just chatting while we sew. 

For our first afternoon-into-evening session, I pulled out my ol' standby and starting making selvage blocks. I was so tickled to find a selvage from my dear friend, Michelle Palmer! I had to post this picture on FaceBook to be sure she saw it. I'll work on these again tomorrow for a bit, and then I have another project I'd really like to finish while I'm here, so I'll turn my attention to that.

My pineapple quilt went into a timeout late Sunday. Destiny went on strike and I spent more time "frogging" stitches (you know...rippit rippit) than actual sewing. I'll finish that quilt when I get back home. Until then, I shall play with my girlfriends! 

Tag has a few words to share tomorrow, so I'll show you lots of retreat pictures on Wednesday and show you what I worked on between now and then. 

Hope everyone has a great week!
DonnaAcornSignature

1 comment:

  1. Retreat sewing with friends is exactly what you deserve after all that frogging on Pineapple Quilt. I see the selvage from Michelle's fabrics. Enjoy Every Minute Dear...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna