February 2, 2016

Getting Cozy...

Brynwood Needleworks - Friendship Tea Cozy

One of my goals this year is to complete a number of UFOs (UnFinished Objects) that are currently taking up residence in my studio. One of them is this tea cozy that started as a counted thread project in the 1990s!!!

I sewed fabrics together in a patchwork pattern (before I ever contemplated quilting), and then started stitching and embellishing with stitchery and trinkets. I'm going to finish it this year. Promise!

Brynwood Needleworks - Beaded Tea Cozy

I shared photos of my vintage beaded tea cozy HERE (waaaay back in 2009, when I only posted teeny, tiny pictures.)

It's reversible and very intricate. It's one of those pieces I couldn't resist purchasing when I first saw it in a Wisconsin antique store. I feel fortunate to have found it. It's a favorite piece.

Snail Cottage Tea Cozy - Web Image

Someone shared these beauties on FaceBook recently. I wish I knew the creator of each one, and where I could link to them! I did some online image searches, but haven't managed to locate the artists.

Sheepy Tea Cozy - Web Image

One thing I do know is that each one is fabulous, whimsical and creative - and I really wish I knew who made them.
 
Mad Hatter Tea Cozy - Web Image

I can almost hear the rabbit giggling in this one!


Dog Tea Cozy - Web Image

You must know how much I love this sweet dog tea cozy!
 
Patchwork Tea Cozy - Web Image

Who wouldn't adore a red and white patchwork cozy?
(enthusiastically raising hand!)

Bug Cottage Tea Cozy - Web Image

Isn't the key hanging from the top of this cottage a clever touch?
(Well, the whole piece is clever, isn't it?)

Knitted Rabbit Tea Cozy - Web Image

I can just imagine Beatrix Potter sitting down to a cuppa with this cozy on her table.

Sunflower Tea Cozy - Web Image

Whether they're sewn, quilted, knit, crocheted or felted...tea cozies like these are like fancy dresses adorning their tea pots.

I hope these images have inspired you. They've certainly given me some ideas! Don't worry. I'm not starting any new tea cozies before I finish my pink one.
 
DonnaAcornSignature

3 comments:

  1. I love this post!! So many cute cozies. Inspirational.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh My Goodness!!! I LOVE each and every one of these. The whimsical ones really make me smile. Thanks for the great inspiration dear.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have one in the works. My 85 year old mother is doing the embroidery work for me. I will post when finished.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna