July 12, 2015

Studio Bliss And More Dresses...

I had a great weekend in the studio. I actually took the day "off" on Saturday and spent time with Handsome and the pups, but Sunday was very productive. I'm making more pincushions for my Etsy shop.
I'll be stitching and embellishing today. I have vintage jewelry that I'm repurposing, and all those yummy seam bindings are waiting for my needle and thread.

Tag will be back tomorrow, but I'll post the finished pincushions on Wednesday, even though they'll be listed by the end of today.
More dresses arrived over the weekend, too! Sherry E. of Createology blog sent a package filled with so much sweetness!
There are pretty flowers and colorful caterpillars.
Look at these baby elephants!
...and this pretty dress for a bigger girl. It's just the right amount of sweetness, without being a "baby" dress. Really. It makes me wish I could be there when the children choose from the dresses I've received so far. I know there are more on their way...and lots of little girls who have no idea of the efforts being mounted around the country on their behalf.

  I'll be back on Wednesday. Hope you have a great week ahead.
DonnaAcornSignature

5 comments:

  1. What cute dresses Donna. I also sew for Dress A Girl, and have sent 20 so far this year. I would love to make some for you to send as well. Emailing you soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those pincushions are going to be scrumptious! I do not have the patience (nor the mindset) to work on things such as those. Beautiful work. Dresses...they are all so darn cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many pretty things Donna, I love your pin cushions! The dresses are going to make some little girls very happy! If you do continue with the program, I'll be able to make some. You're a blessing Donna!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know how much I love everything you sew and create. Your latest pincushions are delightful and those seam bindings/ribbons are delicious! Thank you sew very much for hostessing these Dresses for Girls Around the World. I love sewing them and will continue when my machine returns to functioning. I can "see" the girls twirling with delight! Blessings my friend...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely dresses Donna,I have looked into this and found the UK site and now busy choosing fabric.Theyalso do shorts for boys so will look into that too.Thanks for the inspiration.xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna