July 23, 2015

More Playing With Pincushions...

My pincushions have really been moving out of the studio, so I took time yesterday to fashion new ones for restock.
I created five new ones, but couldn't finish them yesterday. I ran out of my filling and won't get more until today. (L-R: America, Lovebird Roses, Seahorse, Colorful Pups, and Love Letters)
I did manage to completely finish two of them, though. The first one is "America". I finished the ruching before dinner. I've really been wanting to do a patriotic design and this is what I chose.
Here's a closeup of "America". I picked a vintage jewelry finding and oatmeal-colored ribbon as embellishments.
My second completed pincushion is called "Seahorse" (because of the button I chose). I used Moda's "Seaside Rose" by Three Sisters on this one. The seahorse button was perfect as the accent, and the turquoise ribbon and vintage lace complete this pretty and practical gem.
I want daylight photos of these before I list them up in my Etsy shop, so they'll be photographed today. After I get more filling this morning, I'll sew up the other three and list them up, too.

As my dear friend, Sherry of Createology says, "Creative Bliss" - it's the best description for all my days this week. I'm such a lucky girl.
DonnaAcornSignature

3 comments:

  1. Your Creative Bliss is quite evident in the beautiful pieces you sew. Your pincushions are lovely. Friday Finishes and Fun Dear...

    ReplyDelete
  2. All your pincushions are so sweet, Donna.

    Thought of you today. Hobby Lobby is full of wonderful acorns for autumn decor.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna