May 21, 2015

Whoops, I Did It Again...

My plan was to work on this quilt for a sweet, little Corgi girl yesterday.

Instead, when I went to pick up a wriggling, seventeen pound, black Labrador puppy, I threw out my bloody back again. I don't know why it's so hard for me to remember that I need to be cautious about my back, even when I'm feeling good.
It's that first second - right after I do something that causes me to hurt again - that I remember that I shouldn't have done "that". Now I know that I can no longer pick up Bella...at least not if I don't want to spend the rest of the day drugged and useless!
I'm hoping that I can complete this project today. Otherwise, I'll finish it over the weekend and put it in the mail first thing Tuesday. One thing is for sure, I don't want to spend a whole holiday weekend feeling like this, so I'll definitely be taking it easy. 
 
I'm purposely not saying "who" and "where" about the quilt at this point. I'll save that for later.
DonnaAcornSignature

6 comments:

  1. Super cute fabric! You take it easy. Sometimes rest is the best medicine! On a side note, gosh, she's growing fast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is going to be a darling quilt!! Hope you get to feeling better quickly!! There is almost nothing worse that a bad back - it'll just stop you in your (or my) tracks!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Dear I am sorry your back is out again. It is the most frustrating thing to do something very simple and then have to "pay with pain". That quilt is gonna be uber cute and I think I can guess the recipient. Healing Energy and Heat and Ice...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how well I know that feeling. I shouldn't have done that. But by the time you say it, it's to late. You take it easy Donna. The quilt will be waiting even for a week. Give yourself some time my dear.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh no, ouch. Hope you can rest and feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh no, OUCH. Hope you can rest and feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna