April 23, 2015

My Newest Tool...

I recently saw this in an ad in one of my quilting magazines.
I knew right away that it would be a useful tool to add to my kit.
It's called a Press Perfect Point 2 Point Turner, designed by Joan Hawley.
I've been using this Clover tool for quite a while to mark stitching lines. It puts a fine crease into fabric that I can follow with my machine, and I don't have to go back and remove an ink or pencil line. 
 
I use a separate tool - a bone folder - with a point to turn and push out fabric to form points after sewing. It seems I'm always looking for one or the other while I'm working.
The tool I've been using is at the top. My new tool is the longer one in the bottom of this photo. It's about 7" long and has a point turner on one end and the creaser on the other. I'll be using it today, and I know it's going to work just great. 2-in-1!!! Could it be more convenient?

I admit it. I'm an unapologetic gadget freak. I think for Christmas this year, I'm going to ask Handsome for a tool chest for the studio. I might need a larger studio, too. Seriously.
 
Did you feel it? That faintest of breezes? That would be the Winds of Change. Come back tomorrow and I'll tell you all about it.
DonnaAcornSignature

3 comments:

  1. Hmmm. I've been using something just like your new tool for years. It's a left over gizmo that I bought when I did stamping and scrapbooking.

    I keep a tool box in my "room" for each craft, and a general one for what I call cross over tools. I can always lay my hands on my tools, except of course, for the ones I am using for the current project. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Having the right tool to do the job is essential". I have heard Mr. C say that many times when he buys tools for his car hobbies. I believe it to be true for you also! Last night we had a Lightening and Thunder storm that lasted several hours...then one small cloud burst forth and we had a deluge of rain for 90 seconds. Fabulous Friday Dear...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I got my largest gadget yet last weekend, my HandiQuilter Sweet Sixteen, but included in the lovely gift basket from the shop where I purchased it was one of these http://www.thestripstick.com/. It is the world's tiniest ironing board. The shop owner just raved about it and it is a very handy little gadget! (also in the basket, some Best Press which I don't use, so I'm going to give it a try. I know you love it, Donna)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna