November 6, 2014

Still Stitching...

The purple colorway embroidery is completed, so I worked on the pink colorway yesterday. While I didn't finish it by the end of the day, I got pretty close. It won't be long and this one will be set aside until the others are all done.
I love working on the small details, and I always create these in the same manner. I begin by stitching all the flowers, buds and flourishes, and then stitch the stems, leaves and other special touches. I don't draw my design...I keep it all in my head and adjust as I stitch. As I've said before, this process brings me great joy.

Today, I'll be attending a machine embroidery workshop at the Port Charlotte Design Studio. As soon as I get home, I'll be back at my stitching frame completing this design. Then I'll hoop the next one -  and the next - until I've done all five. 

My next decision will be, "Hmmmm. What color? Yellow? Blue? Peach?" This is too much fun to ever be considered work.
DonnaAcornSignature

3 comments:

  1. These are simply beautiful! What will they be made into when they are done? Although purple and pink are favorites, can't wait to see the others done too. I bet the peach will be dreamy! ��

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty in Pink...and purple...and oh the possibilities. Your stitches are sew beautiful. Creative Silk Ribbon Bliss Dear...
    How fun to attend a machine embroidery workshop and learn some new skills.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna