October 12, 2014

I've Been Sewin'...

I can't take credit for the piecing on this one. Kathy and Nora gave
it to me when they closed the shop. I told them I liked it (see the 
  acorn?) so they gave it to me - and it's mine to finish and use (or gift). 
 
I chose a nice floral print for the back that has all the colors that 
show on the front, and my plan is to custom quilt everything to finish 
it as a small table quilt. Fall is definitely in the air at Brynwood!
I did piece this quilt. It's going to be one of the two doll quilts I'll donate
to the guild. The doll quilts go to children at Christmastime through our
 local Toys for Tots program. We're each asked to donate two quilts, so I
still have a second one to piece and then I'll be quilting both of them.
I'm also making quilts to add to my Brynwood Boutique or Etsy shop.
This one will be a child's quilt, but I'm also going to add lap quilts
and doll quilts which will be available for the holidays, too.
They'll be going up soon, but you'll see them first right here.

It's so nice to be back in my creative groove. I'm much happier
making new things than just sitting around thinking about it!

Have a nice Columbus Day. I'll be back in the studio!
DonnaAcornSignature

3 comments:

  1. Hey Donna...I love to make doll quilts as they are such a good size to experiment with pattern and/or quilting. And, a quick finish is always good! Almost instant gratification! Enjoy your creative groove.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the little table quilt. So full of fall. Your little doll quilts for children at Christmas is such a sweet idea. Glad you are back in the right studio...

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are back in the studio doing what you do best...create with fabric and thread. Lovely quilts. Little doll quilts are extra sweet to donate. Light Filled Creative Bliss Dear...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna