July 16, 2014

It Is A Beauteous Evening, Calm and Free...

"It is a beauteous evening, calm and free,
The holy time is quiet as a Nun
Breathless with adoration; the broad sun
Is sinking down in its tranquility;
The gentleness of heaven broods o'er the Sea;
Listen! the mighty Being is awake,
And doth with his eternal motion make
A sound like thunder - everlasting.
Dear child! dear Girl! that walkest with me here,
If thou appear untouched by solemn thought,
Thy nature is not therefore less divine;
Thou liest in Abraham's bosom all the year;
And worshipp'st at the Temple's inner shrine,
God being with thee when we know it not."
by William Wordsworth
DonnaAcornSignature

2 comments:

  1. All is peaceful, all is calm and all is very beautiful. Now this is camping at its finest. Amen...

    ReplyDelete
  2. A time when I feel most content too! Thank you for sharing. Xoxoxo PS. Those leaves aren't turning yet are they? Acorns started dropping this week in our driveway. Eek! (They were itty bitty ones I think the grays and reds shook down. )

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna