July 20, 2014

Family Weekend...

l-r: Uncle Dick, Rob, Lina, me, Aunty Margaret
  What a wonderful weekend we had. I ran errands on Saturday and then joined
Uncle Dick, Aunty Margaret and friends from Canada, Rob and Lina for dinner 
at the Backyard Grill in Fond du Lac. Afterward, we all went back to Aunty and 
Uncle's home for tea and biscuits. It was a perfect night to catch up again.

I met Rob about forty years ago. It was so great to see him again, and to meet his
 lovely wife. When I first met him, I was a senior in high school! Although we both
have grey hair now, he still has the great smile and sense of humor I remember. 
 
When it was time for me to leave, he said, "Based on our track record, I may never 
see you again!" We laughed, but agreed that it won't be another forty years before we
 get a chance to visit. We exchanged email addresses, and I said that if they return to
 Wisconsin in any July in the future, we're bound to cross paths. (Fair warning! lol)
 
Handsome went over to Elkhart Lake for the Vintage Car Races with #1 Son and
his family. Of course, my dear retired photographer husband has no pictures to
commemorate the day, so I can't share any with you from his day at the track.
 Sunday evening, we joined #2 Son and his family for cookies and ice cream
after dinner. Grandma played cards with our daughter-in-law and grand-
daughters while Grandpa visited with their Daddy in the other room. We always
 have fun with them, and they were more than happy to pose for Grandma.
(This is the picture where they weren't making rabbit ears and too silly faces.)

Today, we're getting ready for Handsome to leave me in Wisconsin this week
as he heads to Lincoln, Nebraska for the summer Windjammers Convention.
He's going to spend the week making music and catching up with our musical
friends, while I get to visit with more friends and family here. Tag and I will
see my BFF, Lee tomorrow and Mom on Wednesday. That's just for starters!

Tag will be back tomorrow to tell you what he's been up to. I can divulge that
he's been an awfully busy Corgi since we got here. His next post will be fun!
Web Image
 Have a great week, friends. 
DonnaAcornSignature

1 comment:

  1. Time does fly by...forty years and you all look fabulous. How wonderful that you are able to spend time with family and friends. Enjoy your week ahead. Blissful Summer...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna