January 1, 2014

"Make Merry" Made...

 All the embroidery was completed on schedule. "Make Merry" is made.
That makes seven completed embroideries toward the finished quilt. Only
five more to go. I'll work on those in the coming weeks until all twelve
are done. Then, I'll set them aside to do all the quilt block assemblies.

When I've shared the photos of my finished pieces, I've added the fabric
that will go into the finished blocks to one side...like the black, green and red
fabrics shown to the side of the "Make Merry" block here. Won't it be nice?
 I selected the wools I'll be using for my first Wooly Critter block yesterday.
I decided on cream-colored flannel as the ground fabric for each of my
 blocks. The wools will change based on the requirements for each design,
but I have drawers-full of wools, so that won't be a problem. Of  course, if
 I need more wool, I'll be shopping with Kathy in Wisconsin this summer, so 
we can take care of that, too! I'll just have to make a list of "requirements".

I'm thinking about what my word should be for 2014. 
I'm going to share that with you tomorrow - along with a few resolutions.
Remember, 2013 was "Focus". I think it served me well.  

I hope everyone had a safe and happy new year celebration. We're home-
bodies on New Years' Eve. We prefer a quiet meal with friends to going out
to celebrate at a bar or restaurant. This way, Tag can join in the fun, too.

I'm looking forward to a really great year (shared with you!)
I just know it's going to be wonderful!
DonnaAcornSignature

3 comments:

  1. I'll say "focus" was a good word for you - I think you re among the most focused creative people I have known!
    I like your latest "Make Merry" block, and am looking forward to seeing it all come together - beautiful stitching Donna!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Donna, love your stitching...you do such beautiful work! Being a former rug hooker, I still have tons of wool. I didn't know you did the 'word' thing...it's an excellent idea, don't you think? I did it two years in a row a few years ago and then didn't...this year I chose the word 'better'. I am looking forward to what this year has in store for me. Happy New Year Blessings to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your Santa, I found the pattern. Can't wait to see all the others you have worked on. You do beautiful work. I seem to be taking longer to finish projects. LOL Thanks for all your wonderful ideas.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna