February 17, 2013

Coffee Drunk...

 I can't tell you how much I enjoyed the quilt class I took last Saturday!
 There were nine of us who gathered to take the class from Joyce Grande.
She taught us a "quilt as you go" technique using templates to create a pattern
called Drunkard's Path. Joyce gave great instruction, had handouts to help us 
after we returned home, and she brought along lots of inspiration!
 I don't have a photograph of the entire group, but I did manage to take one
or two of a few of my classmates. We all enjoyed learning from Joyce.
 Our class ran from 9 in the morning through to 4 in the afternoon.
We all sat and visited during a lunch break and were anxious to get
back to our sewing machines. By the end of the day, I had internalized
the technique, and I couldn't wait to get back to it on Sunday. By the
time I quit on Sunday afternoon, I had assembled nearly all the blocks.
I know by the end of today, I'll have my 50" x 50" quilt assembled!
Can you believe that these quilts can go together so quickly?

Tag will be here tomorrow, but trust me. You'll see the rest of it on
Wednesday. My drunkard's path quilt with coffee-themed fabric...
I'm calling it "Coffee Drunk". 
I just couldn't resist.

Happy Monday, y'all!
Hope you have a great week. Mine's lookin' better by the minute.
DonnaAcornSignature

8 comments:

  1. I love the colours in this quilt Donna. Sounds like a great class and I'm intrigued as to how it works???

    ReplyDelete
  2. The previous comment has just come from me too.Love your chosen colours,and can't wait to see the finished quilt.
    Quilt as you go...you've got me going Donna really want to see how this works.
    Love Laura.xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like it was a great day love your choice of fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Donna!
    Your quilt is going to be gorgeous! Can't wait to see it! I love the colors :) and I love coffee. Haha!

    I am having a 100th post Giveaway at my blog if you would like to enter into the drawing for one of my knit hats! :D
    http://taylorkay1522.blogspot.com/2013/02/happy-100th-post-giveaway-d.html

    Taylor Kay :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have heard of quilt as you go but certainly do not know a bit about how to do it. These colors and fabrics are fun. Sounds like you and the others enjoyed a wonderful day learning new tricks. Happy Hearts are Creative Hearts...

    ReplyDelete
  6. it looks like y'all had a fine ole time; good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Years ago I took a quilting class taught by a woman in her home. Because she wanted to teach us a variety of techniques, instead of doing full quilts, we made pieced pillows. Drunkard's Path was one of my favorites. I love the fabrics you've chosen...my favorite color combination! Can't wait to see the completed quilt. You work fast!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovin' those fabrics and can't wait to see the finished product. Hurry up girl ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna