January 29, 2013

Slowly, But Surely...

 I've been FOCUSING a lot lately and have either finished or nearly finished
a couple more projects. There are few things as satisfying to me as meeting a
deadline or a goal, and this past month has been especially hectic for me.
That's why I'm so darn proud of myself for keeping my shoulder to the wheel
so that I can complete my backlog of UFOs in the near future. 

These jammies are my latest accomplishment. They really make me smile!
 Today I'll finish this lap quilt. I'm making it for Mom Grace and I just know
she'll love it. First, I know she'll love it because I made it, but I also know
she'll love the sewing-theme fabrics that I chose to make her quilt.
 The top is complete and I'll sandwich it with batting and backing and do
the surface quilting. The heart-shaped buttons aren't attached yet either.
I'll add those after the quilting is finished, add the binding and take one
more picture of it to show you before I pop it into a box to mail to her.

One of the things that helps me concentrate is to play music while I'm
in the studio. This song had been playing in my head yesterday, so now
you can have it playing in your head, too! It's ok. You don't have to thank me.
DonnaAcornSignature

4 comments:

  1. Lovely projects! I need a tutorial on focusing to finish some put-on-hold projects.LOL.
    Jenni

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that song! Of course, you know I'll be singing it all day now. Dag!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Finishing feels sew good. Fabulous fun pjs. Mom Grace will be in love with her new lap quilt. You are the best...
    I do better with music also.
    Creative Hearts are Happy Hearts...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lurve the quilt and lurve Peter, Paul and Mary.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna