January 9, 2013

Sharing A Few Finishes...

 I just thought I'd share a few recent finishes. 
I did take photographs of the Grammies Jammies this year,
and found that I'd deleted them before I downloaded them into my 'puter.
(Of course, they were already on their way to Wisconsin when I realized that.)

This is one of the two sweatshirts I made for a couple of cute little boys in
our family. This is the first one I did. He's just a little guy, so I thought 
something "doggie" would be fun. His name is embroidered below the motif.
 His older brother loves trains, so of course that's what I chose for his sweatshirt.
His name also appears below the engine on his shirt, but their names don't
appear here to protect the innocents. I hope they like them!
 It occurred to me that you hadn't seen my December mini yet, either.
This is the original that was designed for our group. 
It has four large holly leaves around the candles, but we were also
given a pattern for smaller leaves if we preferred them. Most All
of the other quilters machine quilt their appliques', however, I
have now earned the official new title of "Overachiever".
 I really like hand stitching my applique' work, so that's what I did
on my block. When they gave me my new "title", the girls told me that my
machine applique' technique will never improve if I don't practice. Uh, huh.

I chose a Christmas line that I had to cut into before it became
 part of the "I-love-this-so-much-I'll-keep-it-forever" stash.
The collection is from Moda (of course) and it's BasicGrey's
Fruitcake line - and I still have enough left to make a whole quilt!
2012 BOM Downloads
All the months are finished now. It was a fun project, and we've already
decided what we're going to do for 2013. Shabby Fabrics' Country Cottages
quilt is what we've chosen. If you look on my left sidebar (the buttons in this
post are not active links), you can still click on the sidebar button to download
 the FREE Country Cottage patterns if you'd like to join us.
2013 BOM Downloads
 (Hurry though, because they've already started a new BOM and I don't
know how long the Country Cottages patterns will be available!)
This evening is another of Handsome's concerts (that I'll be recording), 
so I'm going to take it easy today. You know I'll be in the studio, 
so I'll be back again to show you what's next "by my hand".
DonnaAcornSignature

5 comments:

  1. Your projects are beautiful Donna, I especially love your mini quilt, Wendy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your new title is well earned. Each item you create is a labor of love. The little sweatshirt embroideries are little boy delightful. Your candle mini quilt is stunning. All the stitching and those fabrics are divine. Creative Hearts are Happy Hearts and Music feeds our souls...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hail thee Lady Overachiever! I always think when one is given a title a few "hails" "thees" and "thous" should be thrown in :o)
    Your December minnie is lovely!
    Have a great day.
    Always, Queenie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know all your gifties were well loved. You truly are incredible with everything you can create. You always amaze me.
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it Donna, and I love doing things by hand too.
    I can't do machine applique at all - I tried once, many years ago, and it was awful - a huge mess so now I just do it by hand. It looks good and I'm happy.
    And... I love that fabric - it looks like a bunch of fun!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna