January 13, 2013

Needlework Makes Me Happy...

 I thought I'd share a few closeups of the class project I'll be teaching on
Thursday of this week. I really like the way it's progressing and I'll finish all the
 details today. It's a two-part class...this week and then again in two more weeks.

My case uses darker wool for the inside, but all the stitches and pieces are the same.
 The first class will teach the students how to lay out all of the pattern pieces for
cutting, and how to transfer the embroidery patterns to the fabric pieces. Then I'll teach
all the individual stitches they'll be using as embellishments: back stitch, fly stitch,
whip stitch, lazy daisy stitch, French knot and Colonial knot. It's a four hour class,
so we'll easily get all of these things accomplished before they leave for the day.

I'll show you what it looks like all assembled - after Tag's Tuesday post.
(The little ham gets cranky if he misses a week!)
I'll be back with more on Wednesday!
DonnaAcornSignature

8 comments:

  1. so cute! love the button flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this project Donna. I'm sure your class will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a sweet project you will be teaching. Lucky students to be able to learn from you dear. We certainly do not want a "Cranky Corgi" now do we. Blissful Stitching my friend...

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks like a lovely kit to be making. I wish I lived closer so that I could take the class with you. There is definitely a thing or two I could learn about embroidery and you would be my perfect tutor. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. they will leave with treasures... :D beautiful Donna

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome project. Your students are lucky to learn such a lovely and useful stitching project. Love the French knits. Happy teaching.

    Usha
    usharaneem@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wish I was near you so I could take the class. The project is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks like a beautiful project.
    Have a great day.
    Always, Queenie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna