January 18, 2013

My Next Class...

Crabapple Hill Studio
 There is still one session to go to complete Arlyn's Embroidery Envelope
When that class is completed, I'll be teaching a full project in four sessions.
It's called "Over The River" by Meg Hawkey of Crabapple Hill Studio.
It's another project incorporating hand stitching into the design.

There will be plenty of time for my students to complete their homework 
because there will be a month between each session. Students will have
the option of making three different table runners (one with each stitched
section and one set of blocks (Flying Geese, Star or the Square-in-Square).
Of course, they can complete a whole quilt, as pictured, it that's the preference.
The whole quilt measures approximately 51 1/2" x 57 1/2".
Pattern Image
I'll be doing the model in colors and fabrics close to those in this photo,
and the gals who have paid their class fees are already busy choosing fabrics.
By the time next Thanksgiving rolls around, all of them will have their own
"Over The River" table or guest room accessories!

I wish you lived closer so that we could all play at our machines together!

One more thing:
I've added a new video to Handsome's musical assortment in my right sidebar.
This is from the North Port Concert Band concert on January 10, 2013.
I hope you enjoy it as much as the audience did,
and yes...that is me whooping at the end.
(link)
DonnaAcornSignature

8 comments:

  1. Aw Donna,thank you so much for the vidio,it's made my day.
    The William Tell Overture has been one of my favourite pieces of music since childhood ,and brings back lots of great memories.So I've been sitting here with damp eyes silly grin on my face slapping my thighs.Its only 10.30am here,and after that the day can only get better.
    Loads of hugs Laura xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet you're a wonderful teacher, Donna! Your students must greatly benefit from your kindness and expertise.

    xo
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this one Dee!!! I am going to do a few of their patterns this year, wish I was closer to you so I could have your expert help!!!! Enjoyed the video, thanks for sharing. I will finish up the centers and get them in the mail as soon as I can!!!!
    Hugs,
    Mags
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. The concert was fabulous and I have seen this gorgeous quilt done in reds - smashing!! Oh, and how fun to have you as my teacher!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Donna how wonderful that you will be doing your beloved teaching again. This quilt will be such a treasure. It is good to have goals and be able to work towards them. Looks like you have 2013 in fine fettle...

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely quilt pattern, Donna. I wish my needlework skills could do something like that justice.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Donna, that quilt is just wonderful! You are an amazing teacher I'm guessing! What lucky students you have. Enjoy teaching this time honored craft. HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh gosh! That is AWESOME! That certainly got the endorphin activated!!! Lol, thanks for sharing the William Tell Overture...really grand.
    hugz

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna