January 6, 2013

Making More Princeton Plates...

I'm back to working on the quilt for Handsome. I thought all along that I
might make the centers using this creamy paisley fabric, which also appears
 in the "spokes" of the plates. I like how it keeps the blocks more neutral.
But, it's not going to be my quilt. I showed the two choices to Handsome...
and he prefers the blue centers. Alrighty, then. Blue it shall be.
(Although I might ask him one more time before I start the stitching.)

I have over half of the blocks finished (except the centers), and will be
finishing the rest soon. I'll show you more when I get to sashing them together.

What do you have planned for this week?
Are you working on something creative?
Whatever you have planned, I hope you have a little fun mixed in.
DonnaAcornSignature

7 comments:

  1. Looking good, Donna!! Sorry, but I have to agree with Handsome - I like the blue centers better!! There is more of a pop with the blue!! :-)) Just my 2 cents worth!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is looking beautiful. Either colour is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your plates! Fabrics and colors are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love them! The blue center is perfect. Those fabrics are so yummy.
    Happy Birthday Handsome!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This quilt will be stunning. I like Handsome's choice (blue is my favorite) and the fact that he is involved with the decision making process of his quilt. Blissful Stitching Dear...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely Donna,I too like handsomest choice.
    Laura xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Boys always like blue :o)
    Either will be lovely.
    Have a great day.
    Always, Queenie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna