December 23, 2012

Jazz At JD's...

 Handsome joined Mike Moran, his wife Kit and Dominic Mancini to perform
at JD's in Port Charlotte, FL on Saturday night. I took a few photos to share
with you, but I sure wish that all of you could have joined us.
It was chilly outside, but inside we all enjoyed an evening of jazz at a fabulous venue. 
Mike Moran on keyboard, his wife Kit is the vocalist, Dominic Mancini on bass and
Handsome sitting in at his drum kit. Dominic is actually related to Henry Mancini,
and he, Mike and Kit moved here from the northeast about eight years ago.
Mike also performs with Handsome for the Port Charlotte Swing Band.
 They finished the evening with their rendition of Michel Legrand's
"What Are You Doing The Rest of Your Life?". I was in tears.
When Handsome and I were married 28 years ago (this week!),
that was one of the songs performed during our wedding ceremony.
They just don't make music like that anymore.
Web image from Nordic Thoughts blog
 Merry Christmas Eve, my friends. 

2 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary Dear. What a lovely way to spend an evening with music and happy memories. Blessings...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary dear Donna and Handsome. 28 years is something to be proud of these days. It's been 32 for Jim and I. Merry Christmas my dear. Bitabit sends Tag a kiss.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna