November 8, 2012

Scrappy Plates Bound...

WARNING: Picture heavy post.
 I'm finished! I did the binding, and now I'm almost giddy!

 I thought I'd start out by taking a few outdoor photos. 
(Dramatic, don't you know?)

Gratuitous "Corgi on Quilt" photo.

Then, I moved inside to take a few more photos.
It's a queen-size quilt on our king-size bed.

 More closeups to show you Susan's stunning longarm work.
(By the way, Susan Slaton of Wazoo Quilter in Punta Gorda, FL)

 I'm so glad that I made this quilt. I adore the "Martinique" fabric line,
the way that it all came together in piecing, applique' work and assembly...
and Susan's work was the icing on the cake...

 I think the back is just as beautiful as the front...and it highlights
the longarm work. Susan is a real artist, don't you think?

So, it's finished (except for a label). Now. it's onward to the next project.
I want to finish the American Treasures block in the next day or so.

Color me tickled!!!
DonnaAcornSignature

14 comments:

  1. Donna, that is a truly beautiful quilt. How do you manage to complete so many projects? You must move at the speed of light! luv from Lesley UK

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fantastic quilt! So fresh and also gentle! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is absolutely, positively breathtakingly BEAUTIFUL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Donna, It is absolutely beautiful. It always makes you feel awesome when you get them completely finished. Should get to visit more often with Hubby in a nursing home recuperating from hip surgery along with some other problems. I have missed my blogging friends. Have a great weekend. Hugs Your Missouri Friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a pretty quilt! You and your quilter both did a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, Donna, this one is a beauty! (Love the Tag photo!) Twyla

    ReplyDelete
  7. You created such a lovely quilt with the choice of fabrics and plates and border layouts...and yes, Susan put the icing on the quilt with her beautiful longarm finesse. Every stitch is just the perfect compliment. Congratulations on completing this heirloom to be treasured for generations. Blissful Dear...

    ReplyDelete
  8. You should not be almost giddy but throughly, totally, over the top giddy. This quilt is absolutely beautiful. You did a wonderful!!!
    Have a great day.
    Always, Queenie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulously lovely, Donna - you are rightly proud of it - you did a fantastic job and so did your quilter.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just beautiful Donna.. I bet your are proud.. I am excited for the next project you do to... :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my gosh, Donna - that quilt is absolutely stunning! No wonder you are tickled!
    What pattern did you use? The pattern, fabric, quilting are all magnificent!
    And Tag looks most dignified in his gratuitous pose - lol!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Donna, it's SO SO beautiful!!!! I love it :) And your quilter is awesome too, she did a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your quilt is gorgeous and Tag is one handsome corgi boy!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna