October 31, 2012

School Is In Session...

I'm not likely to show you much more of this project in process because I don't want to give too much away. I'm never sure when a "certain someone" might be checking out my posts and I don't want him to see his Christmas gift before it's completed.

I just couldn't resist showing you what the Dresden plates are going to look like. I have fallen in serious love with the fact that the spokes remind me of little ties, so this fabric really lends itself well. (Just a reminder: The fabric line is Northcott's "Princeton", and it's available from Shabby Fabrics.)
I haven't decided yet which fabric will be the center circle, but I'm leaning toward the tan paisley that you can see in the two spokes above in this photograph. I'll use the blue paisley as the sashing. I haven't decided on the border, but I've got plenty of the fabrics below the plates to give me some choices. I guess you'll have to wait right along with me to see where it goes from here.
I'm also stitching away on the Wisconsin block for our guild quilt. My goal is to finish all my work so that I can show it to the members at our guild meeting on November 13th. I'm about a third finished, and I'm determined to meet my goal. I promise to show it to you again when the stitching is completed.

Can you even believe that it's already November? So much to do and now I need to make a list and schedule to really manage my time as we head toward the holidays.

I hope you're not eating too much Halloween candy today. Remember to eat your veggies first! Have a great day and I'll see you again tomorrow.
DonnaAcornSignature

9 comments:

  1. Lovely fabric choice,can't wait to see the finish.I love your work Donna ,you always inspire me.
    Laura xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Donna! I absolutely Love this quilt pattern and the colors! Beautiful! Twyla

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dee, as usually you have combined the most beautiful fabrics into a work of art, I love it......can't wait to see the rest. You make me want to quilt, between you and Shell I am so inspired!! Hope you are all safe down there!
    Hugs,
    Mags
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely! We got a few pieces of that line in at the shop and the paisley is one of them - love it.
    This looks like a wonderful project and I'm looking forward to the "reveal"!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your ability to manage your time and accomplish great feats is never in question. This fabric line is perfect and very much looks like little perfect men's ties. This will be outstanding for a special gift of love. Stitching Bliss Dear...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those plates look great Donna. DH commented as soon as he saw them "old ties". I like your choice for the plate centres, that or the other paisley that has a little more plain background would be my choice (the one 2 ties to the left in the top plate in photo #1). Just my 2 cents worth ;-) It will look fab whatever you do.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The tan paisley is gorgeous, but I love anything paisley :) The plates are beautiful - a manly quilt, which is most times hard to achieve!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is going to be a spectacular quilt. The prongs of the plates resenble men's neckties, very cool!
    Have a great day.
    Always, Queenie

    ReplyDelete
  9. When I first seen this I thought it was ties... so cute.. great guy gift...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna