April 12, 2012

Take It Easy...

"My little dog...a heartbeat at my feet."
Tag's surgery was a great success and he was a real trooper. I stayed at the clinic the whole time and we came home together mid-afternoon. After we got home, we spent the entire afternoon and evening together on the big bed. I took a little nap with him and then worked on my computer while he slept mostly on a quilt next to me.

He's sore and a little uncomfortable, but he's resting pretty well. As long as he's right next to me so I can monitor him, he won't have to wear the dreaded donut collar. Even though it's better than the cone, he doesn't have anything to compare it to except no collar at all. He just sits and looks at me when he has it on, and he won't lie down. Then he starts whining and I take it off and snuggle him for a while. I know. I'm a huge sucker well trained, aren't I?
Oh, well. The closer he is to me right now, the happier I am. Today, I'll keep him in the studio with me while I work on some of my small projects. He'll tell you all about it next week. In the meantime, I'm sure he'll be taking full advantage of my coddling! (I don't mind even a tiny bit, either!)
DonnaAcornSignature

17 comments:

  1. "Hi Donna",
    I am SO HAPPY to see your little muffin home and out of danger! He's getting extra pampering and that is "BEAUTIFUL"!!!
    Big Huge Squishy Hugs to you and Gentle Hugs to Tag

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to hear the little man is safe at home again. Sleep is the best medicine, along with lots of love and cuddles of course. Bigs hugs to you all x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Somehow I think we take it harder than they do. That is how I was with Maggie when she had to have the HW treatment..and she had to do it twice. Funny how we can love an animal so much isn't it. And if it was us that was under the weather they would be by our side. Heal quick Tag :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Donna,glad Tags doing OK.Lilly and I send our love all the way from England.
    Keep up the cuddles ,a boy can't have oo many of those.
    Laura xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Tag...I'm soooooooooo happy you did ok through all of your surgery. We kept our bunny ears crossed. You just play it up for the next couple of weeks boy. Your mom will give you lots and lots of snuggles.
    Love you sweet boy!
    Auntie Shell

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good Morning! So glad you made it though Tag's ordeal. I can say, keeping him close will be the best medicine he can have.
    Have a cuddley weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hooray! So far everything is going very well. Prayers sent.♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. You and Tag are both well trained! I know you are a happy Mom!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Whew! Glad that's over. I can't wait for him to feel feisty again! I hope your headache is gone! Love to you both, Twyla

    ReplyDelete
  10. So glad the procedure is over, and both of you are resting comfortably! Enjoy the snuggles with Tag. Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So happy Tag is doing better. I am just shy over two weeks heart surgery and doing well, now I can geT back into working on my wall hanging (Farmers wife quilt along. Hugs Mary

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh bless that little fella's heart he is so brave! It just breaks my heart whenever a furry friend has to go to the vet for surgery. I will be thinking strong thought for you Tag and sending a special prayer too!
    Have a great weekend little guy!
    Tina xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Tag is such a brave little guy. The more sleep the faster the healing for our furry babes. Take very good care and have a great weekend.
    Always, Queenie

    ReplyDelete
  14. You're taking care of your best friend...well done and praying for his full recovery, Donna!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I know you must be relieved. Give Tag a hug for me, so glad he is doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous photos of Tag, I hope he mends quickly. He is obviously a well-cared for pup!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh the poor thing :) I hope he heals really fast and a big hug to him!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna